RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2018 Dutchman lantern 295QBWE motor home I'm

I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 Dutchman Coleman lantern 295QBWE motor home I'm wondering how to get hot water and if I have a water heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I'm sorry it's not a motor home it's a travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '18 RV?

I have a 2018 Dutchman Coleman lantern 295QBWE travel trailer 33' with tongue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I'm looking for the water heater if I have one or how do I get hot water to take a shower

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

3/1/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok ty

Yes you should have a water heater, most are direct ignition this means all you need to do is have the propane turned on at the tank and then hit a switch on the inside of the RV, hard for me to say where the switch is located normally it is on the monitor panel or near one of the sinks.

Outside you should see a raised access panel the panel will have an eye lit you turn to match the slot in the panel then the panel swings down.

IF you have never run the water heater you also have to make sure it is not being bypassed, this is done when a RV is winterized so you do not fill the tank with 6 or 10 gallons of antifreeze, once you locate the water heater on the outside go inside to that area, this is where the valves are normally located, you may have to pull a false panel or some drawers to get at the valves, most will have a hot, cold and bypass, the hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle against the pipe.

IF you get stuck locate the outside access panel and let the panel swing down and take a picture and send it to me, you can add photos into your response using the paper clip icon on the page. This applies to the most common water heaters it is possible you have an on demand water heater and I can tell if I see a photo.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another question for I have to turn the water pump on when camping with water hook up to to take a hot shower

If you are hooked up to the city water connector you do NOT have to have the pump on. Only when you want to use water from the tank then you need to turn it on.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you ....I have hot water.

Good job!

Have a great evening and hot shower!

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You bet you...thanks

No problem at all!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic