RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Daughters Norcold N81X quit working in the sub zero temps…

My Daughters Norcold N81X...

My Daughters Norcold N81X quit working in the sub zero temps we had. When it warmed up it started working but the freezer only gets down to 12 to 14 degrees.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

It is a travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2016.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just switched from electric to gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is a sensor on the fins in the refrig. what does it control?

2/23/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be. I have been working on RVs for 35 plus years. Sorry you are having issues with your refrig. RV refrig do not work in sub zero temps. How long have you been running the refrig ? You can can move the thermistor up and down on the refrig vents to adjust the temp.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fridge is 2016. Only had the problem this year in the extreme cold.Which way do you move the thermister to make it cooler
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

If you move it up it gets colder if my memory serves me correctly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that colder in the fridg or frezer or both
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

It will cool down both. Do you have a owners manual? I have one available for $5.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have one but it dont tell me thatHave you heard of reseting the control box with a magnet
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes, but only if the refrig is not cooling at all.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks for using Just Answer. Have a great day.

Happy RVing

***** *****

KevinS121
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago