RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Do I need to turn on the hot water heater to have enough hot…

Customer Question
Do I need to...

Do I need to turn on the hot water heater to have enough hot water for a shower? It's a 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Yes and no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '15 RV?

Keystone Cougar 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I went to take a shower and the hot water lasted only 10 minutes before running out.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
2/12/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. You only have a 6 to 10 gallon hot water heater. So you will not get a long shower. 10 minutes is pretty good. You do need to have water heater on all the time to keep the water hot. It will take about 10 minutes to heat back up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very very much!
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

My pleasure. I always tell my customers to get wet, turn off shower, soap up, rinse off and get out. wait 10 minutes for the next one to shower