RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Looking to purchase dometic frig RM1350SLMSS from camping…

Customer Question
Looking to purchase dometic...

Looking to purchase dometic frig RM1350SLMSS from camping world in Rocklin, CA. The issue is the depth of this item. I cannot find it on your website. The depth of the frig it replaces is 24 inches. Camping world tells me the item mentioned about is 24". They also tell me they have called Dometic twice now and verified the the above new item "is" 24" deep.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?

Sorry - hit R/C by mistake. I need in writing from Dometic that this item is 24" in depth. Everywhere I "do" find it on the internet I see it listed as 28 1/16" in depth. I need this in writing because CW tells me if it does not fit, I must pay the return cost. Here is an example of the product listed on the internet: www.familyrvstore.com/dometic/

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Yes, was trying to type the full address of an example: www.familyrvstore.com/dometic-rm1350slmss-refrigerator--freezer Thank you!! Robert

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
2/12/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Let me pull specs up for you on this please allow me several mins.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, Robert. TYCalling would not be necessary for this simple question. CW gives me one depth ans and the website I provided, as with other websites, gives another. Which correct? 24" or 28+inches in depth?

For starters this model has been around for some time but it has sub models even the older 1350 are listed at a depth of 26 1/16 so I do not know why they are telling you 24"

What model are you trying to replace? Also the depth means the fridge will stick out further it should not affect the height an width. It would just stick out more, I am showing on the 1350 63 3/16th for height, 32 3/4 for width and the depth of 26 1/16".

I believe neither numbers are correct, if you can tell me the model you are replacing I can see what is recommended.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dometic RV7732

Stand by.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am told this is a new design - can't even find it on dometic webisi

The 7732 has the same exact measurements as the RM 1350, but you are correct the SLMSS is the newest version.

Let me see what else I can find out.

Robert

I do think the the Dometic 1350 SLMSS has different specs it is an "elite" model. I checked several reliable sources and below are the specs I come up with. I would like to see the measurements from an installation manual but that seems not to exist.

Capacity: 12 Cubic Feet

Color: Silver

Depth (IN): 28-1/16 Inch

Height (IN): 64-17/64 Inch

Material: Stainless Steel

Power Source: LP Gas

Type: Four Compartment Refrigerator With Freezer

Voltage Rating: 110 Volt AC

Width (IN): 33-11/16 Inch

With Ice Maker: Yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
those are the same measurements that I see, for example, on several websites. I listed here, familyrvstore.com. Same there as what you list. CW tells me they have called 2 times to Dometic to verify 24" depth - and say their call is more reliable than what I find on other websites. I will call dometic on Monday from the same number CW is calling from. I am insisteing dometic send me or CW in writing the dimensions they relate. I don't want to find myself waiting several weeks for a delivery, then it not fitting into my RV. Also, CW tells me I would have to pay the return. In the meantime I have a 7732 that seems beyond repair. But thank you. I will copy what you wrote and pass on to CW.

Understand I hope this works out for you, have a great weekend!

Robert