RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We just bought a Thor 27a. When operating on generator only,

We just bought a...

We just bought a Thor 27a. When operating on generator only, we don’t have power to our 110 plugs.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2021 Thor Freedom Traveler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the inside breaker switches

1/26/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

IF you have no AC power with the generator check the generator for a tripped breaker, most all generators will have a breaker on them, if you have an Onan many have a side panel that comes off and to the right of the start stop switch is another switch that looks like a light switch which is the breaker.

Some RV's you physically have to plug a cord in for the generator to allow the AC power into the RV, this cord is normally laying in a compartment with an outlet near the generator, some RV's it is automatic, you start the generator and have the power available.

Go around the RV as well and make sure you do not have any tripped GFI's these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley areas but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside of the RV.

Beyond that I would contact the dealer on this, being a 2021 you should get some support from them. IF you have the transfer switch it may have failed not allowing the AC power into the RV

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’ll try that. Thanks

No problem at all.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic