RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have my rv hooked up to a house but the electric is not…

I have my rv...

I have my rv hooked up to a house but the electric is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1986 fleetwood prowler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried flipping the breaker and unplugging the cords but it is not coming on and it was working fine all day

1/21/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay
Phone call session started

I tried calling you and it went to voice mail.

I can type a response here please give me several mins.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be waiting

The power is split, AC power and DC power, without the AC power the power converter is not going to charge the batteries.

The AC power is strictly the outlets, TV and microwave. IF they are not working I would unplug from power, shut the breakers off inside the RV, shut the supply breaker OFF and then plug back in turn the supply breaker ON and then the breakers inside the RV.

IF you are plugging into a standard 110 outlet with the RV it can cause all kinds of issues, you can have line loss where the voltage drops off and nothing will work, if you are plugged into a 110 outlet I would found somewhere where you can plug the RV in direct as you could be chasing your tail on this, extension cords and adapters can cause all kinds of issues.

IF you have the AC power to the outlets, TV and microwave please let me know.

Again I did try to call you and it went to voice mail, if you would like me to try again please let me know.
Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no power at all

Yes I explained to you what to do if you are missing the AC power without the AC power the power converter is not going to make the DC voltage.

Locate the breaker panel in the RV, shut the breakers off, go unplug from power and shut the supply post breaker off, plug back in and tunr the supply breaker ON and then the breakers inside the RV, if you still have NO AC power I would find a place where you can plug the RV indirect with NO CORDS OR ADAPTERS as they can cause issues.

The power comes right from your supply post to the breaker panel if you do not have a generator built into the RV.

Check the main breaker wiring make sure nothing is loose or melted. Slim chance the cord is the issue as well.

ROBERT J

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got it fixed thank you

No problem at all!

Have a good night.

Robert