RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Hot and cold water in the bathroom synch is down to a

Hot and cold water...

Hot and cold water in the bathroom synch is down to a trickle. So is hot water in the kitchen synch. For all the other water faucets (hot and cold shower and toilet) the water flows just fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2016 Pendleton Special Edition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself. I've tried adding vinegar in the hot water tank and the fresh water tank and let it flow through the water lines for 6 hours. It did not help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. Thanks

1/18/2021
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago
James Davy

Good morning sorry to hear about your water problems.

Hot and cold water only come together in the water heater.

I would check the bypass valves on the water heater.

Can you tell me how many valves you have.

Thanks James

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure. Here is a picture
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Picture did not come thru.

Thanks James

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did u get it now?
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes Thanks.

Does the white plastic hose have a valve on it?

Thanks James

Can you take closer pictures of water heater settings diagrams on the back of water heater?

Thanks James

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sending you some pics
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

The one under red hose on the left as you look at it.

Thanks James

Ok Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checking. Did you get the additional pics I sent?
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Not Yet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just sent 2 more pics
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

At top of water heater where the red line attaches the is a one way check valve.

Its allowing water flow both ways. this should be your problem.

replace it.

No more pictures yet.

Thanks James

James Davy
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hmm. When I sent pictures they dont get delivered. I found this under the red plastic hoseHi James. I accepted the offer to have a phone conversation. Feel free to call me at(###) ###-####
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks for your question today.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
James. You were right. The bathroom faucet was busted
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks For the Information.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The hot water component of the kitchen faucet was also busted.Thanks!
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok good to hear.

Have a great Day.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We've had this problem with a water lines for almost a year. Previous advice was not helpful. James diagnosed that the problem was in the faucets and he was right. We installed new faucets and problem solved. Happy customer.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank You,

You might also to look into installing a add on water softener.

Thanks James

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Do you have recommendations?Also, I have a friend which is having problems with the Airstream Furnace. Is this something you can help with? If so, is there a way to have justanswser connect to you directly rather than other experts?
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

You can request me by Name.

Check Amazon, camping world and e trailer for the best deal. Also you might check into

Culligan for rental options.

Thanks JAMES

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Liked “You can request me by Name.
Culligan for rental options.
Thanks JAMES”Just to confirm. The furnace of the airstream is something you could help with, right?
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Liked “Yes I can.
James”
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Did you ask for a phone call.

Thanks James

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NoNot recentlyMay be I clicked on something by mistake
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok no Problem.