RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Domet RM 7732 when in AES Auto mode will start to go gas…

My Domet RM 7732...

My Domet RM 7732 when in AES Auto mode will start to go gas (mode light) and back to electric (mode light) cycling back and forth. Runs on propane only. Will run on AES auto for part of a day and then start cycling

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the control panel above the doors.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision. 1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Will fix it if I'm able too (how technical). Have been reading forums and researching for this issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The issue has been covered as I only have symptoms.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

The circuit board under the outside access panel senses the AC power and when the board does not see the AC power it will switch to propane, once the board sees the AC power is restored it will switch back to AC power.

First thing I would do on this is get an extension cord and plug the fridge into an outside source and see if you have the same issue, if you had a loose connection at the plug or in the RV the board may be sensing the loss of AC power and switching over to propane.

IF running the fridge on an outside source produces the same issue check all the connections on the board really good then I would replace the board, part of the board is a relay that senses the AC power.

Hope this points you in the right direction.
Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry as I did not know how to finish this, I did view answer, thank you, ***** ***** the answer, I thought. Will look again.