RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2018 fleetwood bounder 35p that I can’t get hot…

Customer Question
I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 fleetwood bounder 35p that I can’t get hot water. I know I’m just missing something.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I have read the manual and haven’t found anything helpful that actually matches up to my RV.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
1/2/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Most water heaters will have a hot, cold and bypass valve, these valves are generally located oppositie of the outside access panel for the water heater and you have to go inside to that area and may have to remove a false panel or some drawers to get at the lines and valves. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle against the pipe.

This is assuming the water heater is lighting off and the water coming out the pressure relief is hot. IF the bypass valve is in the proper position then you may have a failed check valve, see link below for picture, when the spring and disc fall out it can block the flow of hot water, it will have tiny arrows on it for direction of flow, it screws directly into the tank.

IF the water heater is not even lighting off please let me know and get me the make and model.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found the bypass valve but cannot find the hot and cold. I can't even find where the actual tank is.

IF you go to the outside look for a raised panel with an eye lit, move the eye lit to the slot in the panel and the panel will swing down. Should be a sticker with the make and model.

Robert