RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Blower won’t kick on my Atwood 8525-iv furnace. When I turn…

Customer Question
Blower won’t kick on...

Blower won’t kick on my Atwood 8525-iv furnace. When I turn it on at the thermostat, it clicks, then clicks once at the unit, but no air. I took the cover off the blower to get to the sail switch and clicked it, I can hear the power going to it, but still didn’t turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Not sure what you mean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2012 Thor Freedom Elite

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, doing it myself. I explained above what I’ve done.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
12/24/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok! Thanks Robert.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

So as soon as the thermostat is turned on it passed DC voltage to the circuit board and the fan comes on. Older models have a time delay relay, voltage is sent to the relay and allows the fan to kick on. Newer models the relay is part of the board.

IF you have voltage on one of the pins in the connector when the thermostat is ON then the board is suspect, most good RV shops can test the board with a special board tester.

Also if the RV has been sitting make sure the blower cage spins, sometimes mud daubers can make nests in this area and it would stop the fan from turning. IF you have nests near the fan motor I would blow out the exhaust really good as well, sometimes they can get into the actual burner chamber.

Verify on the furnace the breaker is not tripped OR the ON/OFF switch is in the proper position. The board or relay has constant voltage but the trigger is the voltage from the thermostat.

The fan would still come on if the sail switch is not working, it's job is to monitor the air flow from the fan, so if it was faulty the fan would still come on but you would never get spark.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was working just a couple of weeks ago, then it would do the click thing with no blower starting but after a few tries it would start, but now it's just not turning on at allCage spins by hand and there's nothing blocking it

Understand, when troubleshooting it is a process of elimination I understand if some items I mentioned have been checked. I would have the circuit board tested next.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I figured. Thanks

No problem at all, glad I could help some.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays.
Robert