RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2011 Tiffin RED. The slides on the passenger side…

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Tiffin RED. The slides on the passenger side will not extend. The Hydraulic motor makes noise, the slides will move about 1/4 inch. I can retract them. when I try to extend the bedroom slide the living room slide moves.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It is a class A RV. ????

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

It is not a car.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '11 RV?

Tiffin allegro RED QSA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just going through some checks. I have made sure parking brake is on and ignition is on, checked fuses. Have tryed with engine running and off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Again driver side slides work.

12/19/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

This may not be an easy fix, if the pump is coming on and the room is not moving or moves very little then you can have a solenoid issue or possibly a problem with one of the hydraulic rams. As long as the RV is level, you have good DC battery voltage, the parking brake is set and the RV is in park the rooms should be working.

IF you are moving the bedroom slide and the living room is moving then something is wrong with the hydraulics allowing the other room to move out.

I am all for the RV owner doing repairs but this may require a mobile RV tech or shop to look at. May want to see if a mobile RV tech is in your area to come diagnose, I used to do mobile RV repairs in OR and would cover a 100 mile radius, if you do an online search RV mobile repair and the zip you are at you will normally get a listing of techs in your area. Again I feel you are not doing anything wrong and feel you may have a component in the hydraulic system that is failing.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is what I thought. I'll check on mobile guy . Thanks

Sounds good.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic