RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

It fridge part isn’t getting cool at all The freezer semi…

Customer Question
It fridge part isn’t...

It fridge part isn’t getting cool at all The freezer semi freezes water

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

RaRm-10

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure if that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pod no###-##-####

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
12/7/2020
RV Mechanic: AndrewB121, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
AndrewB121
AndrewB121, RV Mechanic

Hello....this is Andrew, sorry to hear about your fridge problem. Are you running your fridge on gas or electric and have you tried both?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have stopped any responses why

If it's not cooling on either gas or electric, check the coils on the cooling unit at the back of the fridge and see if they are hot to the touch. If they're hot but no cooling inside fridge refer and freezer compartments.....the coolant solution isn't circulating, the top freezer may get a little cold, but the bottom refer section won't.....which means the cooling unit has gone bad. Sometimes you can even smell an ammonia smell inside the fridge, or see a yellow powder substance at the back near the gas burner box and coils.

Are you getting my messages?

Thanks for using JustAnswer and let me know if you have any other questions.