RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a rm2611 refrigerator that was working well until last…

Customer Question
Hi have a rm2611...
Hi have a rm2611 refrigerator that was working well until last time I plugged rv in to ac the coils get hot and can hear bubbling in them but no cooling same on propane. Doesn't seem like an electrical problem. Has cooling unit gone bad?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
12/3/2020
RV Mechanic: AndrewB121, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
AndrewB121
AndrewB121, RV Mechanic

Hello. Yes, it sounds like the cooling unit is bad and not circulating. You can sometimes visually see a yellow crusty looking substance at the rear of the refrigerator near where the burner box is on the lower right side. this is where usually the ammonia solution leaks out of the coils.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks I'll check for that in the morning

Even if you don't see any yellow, it could of had a small leak somewhere else, if inside the box of the refer.....you can sometimes smell a faint hint of ammonia in the freezer or refer box. The gurgling or bubbling sound means some of the fluid that is left in the coils is boiling hot, so don't leave it running for a long time now.

Thanks

Thanks for using JustAnswer and if you have any other questions about your refrigerator cooling unit, just let me know.