RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold 2118 refrigerator......it started

Customer Question
I have a norcold...

I have a norcold 2118 refrigerator......it started beeping.....so I went outside took the cover off....no flashing red light.....how do I fix it....thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your Norcold fridge?

I have a 2019 momentum toy hauler

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

The wife came out about a week ago to start the fridge....she said it started beeping....she turned it off and waited for me to look at it.....I turned it on and came outside looking for the flashing red light......no light.....I put a magnet on the part where it says to but nothing happened.....so I moved it to the other side and heard the clicking that people are talking about.....but when I remove the magnet the fridge stops......

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I got that Lo code

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
11/30/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

If the fridge is cooled off and the magnet works until you pull it away then it sounds like the sensor is the issue. To confirm this you can remove the DC IN and DC out (normally blue and red wire)on the sensor and connect them together with a paper clip or small wire and see if the code goes away, if so then I would replace the sensor. Can not leave the sensor bypassed as it is a safety

IF the fridge has been running and is hot it may not reset until it is cooled off. The LI OP code means the high limit is open and that sensor with the light is the high limit.

Make sure you have good DC battery voltage, low battery voltage can cause issues with that sensor, in fact it can cause them to trip.

You would have to contact a local RV store to see if they carry them, we do not sell parts on this site.

Hope this helps out.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The light is not flashing

Does not matter, it needs to pass the voltage, so bypass it and see if the fridge works, take the DC in and DC out and tie them together and see if the fridge works. I have seen some cases where the led burns out and you would never know if it tripped. If you bypass the sensor and the fridge works I would replace it.
Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll try that...how do I get ahold of you if that's not the problem...

Just respond back to this like you have been, I am around daily and respond when I can, sometimes I am helping others or simply away from my desk.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it....thank you

No problem at all.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Robert.....is that soldered in

Normally you have two spade connectors on the sensor and the wires have a female connector that plug into it. IF needed send me a photo, you can add photos into your response using the paper clip icon on the page.

Robert

They just unplug the red and the blue is what you want

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir.....already done that and it came on........that black box is where I've been putting the magnet and it works...

Sounds like the sensor will need to be replaced, I would contact a RV store in your area, we do not sell parts on this site.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great.....does it just plug in

Yes simple to replace.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help...

No problem at all.

Robert