RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I don’t have power to my 120 volt outlets. I don’t have

Customer Question
I don’t have power...

I don’t have power to my 120 volt outlets. I don’t have power going to the line side of the gfci plug in the bathroom.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2008 fleet wood excursion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the breakers and the gfci plugs. There is power leaving the breaker box but no power at the plug. Is there another interrupter between the breaker box and the gfci plug?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant. We had two heaters plugged in last night and it blew something. Now the power to the TVs and bathroom are not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is no power to the line side of the gfci plug.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
11/26/2020
RV Mechanic: Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic

Good afternoon

There shouldn't be anything in between your break and your outlets other than other outlets .

I would check to see if any of the other gfci outlets are triped

Just double's check all the breakers and all the outlets

There is one breaker that is labeled dental purpose recepts. 20 amp. It's not tripped and I checked and I have 123 volts leaving that breaker. But at the outlet in the bathroom that is a gfci, there is no power. There is another gfci that is hot.
I would check every outlet for power at each plug, check every gfci and every breaker , when you find it you will wonder why it is wired that way
I have looked for more outlets, but can't find anymore that would lead me in the right direction. Do you have access to the wire diagram for this unit? So I could trace it. There has to be one I don't know about.Is there a place you can think of that would help me out?

https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/for-owners/support/owners-manuals

The owners manuals are available here. typically there aren't wiring diagrams in them .

Did you check the outside outlets also ? also there is one in the outside fridge access panel .

the only other thing i know of it to use a tone generator to trace the wires .