RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The city water line froze when out of town. When it unthawed…

Customer Question
The city water line...

The city water line froze when out of town. When it unthawed it started leaking water underneath and the floor got wet around and underneath the bed how do I access the water tank to look at where it broke

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Yes I'm sure it's water it stopped soaking the floor when I drained the fresh water tank and turned off the pump in the front left of the trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2014 Laredo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am trying to fix it myself but I'm not sure how to get to the tank and lines and find out where it's broken

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I talk to them on the phone I'm not real good at texting

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My water froze from the city water connection and when it unfroze it started leaking and my floor got soaking wet how do I access my freshwater and city water tanks and valves2014 keystone Laredo
11/25/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good afternoon! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Randall is there any chance I can have a phone chat when you have time I am bad at texting

I made you a phone chat offer and there are no time limits. You can text me a photo of the area you are taking about.

Do you think it is leaking near the fresh water fill area?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but I don't know how to access it

On the inside of the wall area. Find out what is on that side. Maybe a storage area or some drawings.

I am heading home and will be offline about 30 minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ThThis the area that flooded in the bedroom

I have no way of knowing where the leak is from those photos.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was hooked up to the city water line which froze and when it unfroze the floor got wet

I think it may be in the pump area and may be that line you are holding or the pump itself or the filter.