RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Keystone Alpine 5th wheel. I am trying to set the…

I have a Keystone...

I have a Keystone Alpine 5th wheel. I am trying to set the heat. I have a Dometic thermostat. I put it in the furnace mode, and set the temperature, but I don’t get heat from the floor vents. I do get heat from the ceiling vents but that doesn’t seem right. Any ideas/guidance would be appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Where would I check the coolant level???

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2015 Keystone Alpine 5th wheel trailer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself. I’ve only played with the thermostat. Haven’t touched anything else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

11/17/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

You should have a setting on the thermostat for the furnace, when you turn the thermostat on and select the furnace option the fan should kick on for the furnace, you would feel air coming out the exhuast on the outside of the RV. IF the air is coming out the ceiling vents your AC units may have heat pumps or heat strip which means the AC units will do some heating, it is just meant to take the chill out of the air and not very affective below 40 F. The propane furnace should be firing off with the thermostat. Possible you have an issue with the furnace if the blower motor is not coming on. IF you can send me a picture of your thermostat I should be able to direct you some more, you can add photos into your response using the paper clip icon on the page.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the photo but I don't see the paper lip you mentioned. Can you give me your phone number?

I got the picture.

Give me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

SO below is a link for an owners manual, this thermostat will run the fans on the AC if you are not in Auto to help circulate the furnace air.

I would locate the furnace port on the outside of the RV and try each zone on furnace and see if the air starts blowing out the vents and exhaust, the fan on the propane furnace should kick on when you have it set to furnace and raise the tamp, after the fan comes up to speed you should hear the electrode sparking.

IF the fan is not coming on for the furnace you could have an issue with the thermostat or circuit board on the furnace, blown fuse for the furnace etc. \

Look the manual over and make sure all your settings are correct.

Robert

https://www.dometic.com/assets/47/55/operating%20manual_64755.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thankyou

No problem at all.

Have a great day!

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** a big help and I (with the help of a friend) was ably to resolve the issue. We simply had to reset the thermostat to factory settings, and everything is working fine.

Thanks for the update on this, glad all is well.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic