RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Light is flashing and it is not cooling. Norcold RV

Customer Question
Green light is flashing...

Green light is flashing and it is not cooling

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

Norcold RV refrigerator 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

A day turned it off and on

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
11/14/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

What is the model of the Norcold? Should be a sticker inside the box to the right when you open the door, most start with the letter N and then a number.

Also the light is probably flashing a code, if it is the ON light flashing how many times is it flashing in 3 second intervals, this is key.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to call my wife she is there

Understand, take your time.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
N811Rt every 5 sec

OK
Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks! Robert

This code means no cooling is being detected by the controls and the fridge will lock out. Sometimes you see this issue when a cooling unit fails.

There is a way to reset this but it would require jumping a wire to ground at the circuit board under the outside access panel. I understand that this may not be an option but would be more then happy to send you the info on the reset. I also might suggest seeing if a mobile RV tech is in the area. Many times if you search google for RV mobile repair and the zip you will get a listing of techs in the area.

Again if you would like the reset procedure let me know and I can send you some links on this reset.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok send me the reset procedure

So it will depend on the style board. Norcold has two styles.

One board has a single 16 pin connector.

The newer board which I suspect you have will have a 10 and 6 pin connector, the reset is done at the 6 pin, follow the steps.

Below are two links for you. Also if you have the new board slip procedure 1, procedure two would be what you want for this model.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/reset.pdf

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf