RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can't get the heater to heal. Is the coolant in the heater…

Customer Question
Can't get the heater...

Can't get the heater to heal

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Is the coolant in the heater or the coolant for the coach?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1997 thor ambassador

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have the thermostat set on heater and 77 degrees

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am in northern Utah and is cold

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
11/9/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I assume you are talking about the furnace that runs off of propane.

When you turn the thermostat ON and select the furnace or heat option and raise the temp does anything happen at all?

The blower motor should come on right away. IF the blower motor is coming ON can you hear the electrode sparking?

Robert

the blower is on but the heat is not very warm and it doesn't blow very well

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

The heater has one speed and the air coming out should be very warm.

It sounds to me the heater is lighting off and is running but for some reason the air is not very warm, since it is a little warm this may be an issue with your ducting, if the ducting was pinched off or came off at the furnace then you may not get much air and may not be very warm. I would located the furnace and check all the ducting, make sure you do not feel warm air coming from that area.

It is possible for the fan to come on but the furnace not lighting off, if this is the case the air coming out would be cold.

Robert