RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have three valves near my water heater, which is the

I have three valves...

I have three valves near my water heater, which is the bypass valve for the water heater?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I'm trying to winterize the RV. I found three valves near the water heater, which is the bypass valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2015 Forest River Ultra lite 27 ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

None of the valves have any markings, I'd like to bypass the water heater to winterize it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've tried different things, but can't seem to get the anti-freeze to pump through.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/1/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good evening! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! And several of us live out west where we are dealing with fires all around us! Thanks! Randall

If these are on the rear of the water heater area then probably all three of them. On bypass setting you would want them all in the vertical position. Add a photo of these to your response if you aren't sure. I hope this proves helpful here. Randall

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much, I will try that.

You are most welcome!