RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The power bumped a few days ago and the fireplace won’t come…

The power bumped a...

The power bumped a few days ago and the fireplace won’t come on. I have a 2020 Montana by Keystone. I don’t know where the plug in is for the fireplace. On my last fifth wheel I could unplug it and plug it back in and you would hear it beep and it would work again. I have reset the breaker and that hasn’t helped. The little red light in the lower corner isn’t on. I don’t know how to take the front off in order to slide the fireplace out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

I know where the breaker panel is and it has fuses in it. The fuses don’t show the fireplace.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went out and shut the 50 amp supply in order to get the internal surge protector to reset, but that didn’t do anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just wanted to know how to slide the fireplace out to see where it plugs in unless it is hard wired.

10/29/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good afternoon! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! And several of us live out west where we are dealing with fires all around us! Thanks! Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found a switch that had gotten turned off. I have the problem corrected. Please have my credit card credited. Thanks you so much.

I have never seen one hardwired into the wall. Most have an internal fuse and most are on a GFCI protected outlet so be sure that hasn't tripped. Rarely do you have to take this completely loose to service it. Use a small digital multimeter like the one in the attached photo link to test it. About $20 or so at most local hardware stores and easy to use. I hope this points you in the right direction here. Randall http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Ff4DNNY7/c40495a6-bec8-4129-895c-31c7367c3a09.jpeg

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification