RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2021 Montana high country and on the interior

I have a 2021...

I have a 2021 Montana high country and on the interior control panel I am getting a red light identierd as DSI-FLT. I looked in the manual but could not find any info. Can you please tell what this is and how to make the light go out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

There are a series of light that show levels for the battery, Fresh water tank, black water tank, gray water tank and then the DSI-FLT. This light has not been on until yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not idea what to check or the fix.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, put I will take any help provided.

10/27/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good evening! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! And several of us live out west where we are dealing with fires all around us! Thanks! Randall

I suspect that is the electronic control for the water heater. That is most often added to the control panel for the tank levels and the pump. When it is on it is showing that the water heater is trying to ignite on LP mode. If it won't go off then the switch or the control board for the water heater is suspect. If you can get back to me with the make of your water heater I can add a link for the correct Service Manual for you. I hope this proves helpful and points you in the right direction here. Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the answer. I think you are correct as I do not have any hot water. I will check things in the morning.Thanks but I am hard of hearing on a phone and not very good at electrical issues. I will find a tech at my next RV park stop.

You are most welcome! Have a good evening.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification