RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2015 Forest River EVO trailer, Model T2460. The…

We have a 2015...

We have a 2015 Forest River EVO trailer, Model T2460. The water pump is behind the drawers under the sink. How do we access it without major reconstruction of the cabinet for winterizing? Don't know how to remove drawers or what part of cupboards to remove.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

No it has not oveheated, & since we just bought from original owners, it looks like they serviced it last fall before putting away for the winter.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Forest River?

T2460

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We're not "fixing" just trying to winterize & put antifreeze in lines.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there an "off" switch near the anode plug for the water heater before we drain it?

10/25/2020
RV Mechanic: Joel Bos,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Bos

Hello, my name is Joe

If you can see the water pump behind the drawers, then I would recommend removing the drawers. Usually the drawers in a RV are easily removeable by lifting up on the front and then pulling outward. Some times there will be some type of catch on each side of the drawer that must be released before the drawer will lift out of the slides.

Joe

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RE: RV Make: Forest River, RV Model: T2460, RV Year: 2015: Totally agree but can find catch to release drawers as drawers do not lift out as you've suggested. Is there a video available with instructions on winterizing this particular RV? Haven't found it. It's our first time winterizing this RV. Could you suggest how to winterize water lines by not accessing the water pump directly, please?
RV Mechanic: Joel Bos,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I do not know of a specific video, but this method works pretty well with most basic RVs, and without touching the water pump:

1. Completely drain the hot and cold water side by opening the low point drains. re-install or close the low point drains.
  2. Remove the plug or anode rod from the water heater to ensure it is empty, then reinstall.
  3. completely drain the fresh water tank
  4. Connect a water hose to the city water inlet on the camper. Connect an air blow out fitting to the open end of the water hose and proceed to blow out the hot and cold side of the plumbing system with compressed air. Make sure the air pressure is regulated to 30-60 psi. Open and close all faucets, toilet and operate any appliances that use water , such as ice maker , washer etc.
  5. Once you have most of the water drained and blown out, remove the air fitting and fill the water hose with non toxic rv antifreeze, proceed to reinstall the air blow-out fitting and force the rv anti freeze throught the system with the compressed air again regulated to 30-60 psi. Repeat as needed. Dont forget the toilet or any other appliances.
  6. I like to reopen the low point drains and remove the water heater tank drain for the winter.
  7. Turn the water pump on and off a few times to remove or relieve water that might be trapped at the pump inlet or outlet.
  8. leave all faucets in the full open position through the winter.
  9. Pour some rv antifreeze into each of the p-traps
  10. Do not forget about any outside faucets.

Joe

Joel Bos