RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Seems like I lost power to all my slides...Monaco Camelot…

Customer Question
Seems like I lost...

Seems like I lost power to all my slides...Monaco Camelot 2009 42pdq

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I have my bedroom passenger slide out a few inches...no response at all when I hit the bbutton

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much...in a walmart parking lot

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
10/16/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! And several of us live out west where we are dealing with fires all around us! Thanks! Randall

This sounds like it might be a low voltage issue due to batteries that are failing or just needing a good charge. If you only have one battery then for sure this is a low voltage issue! Many dealers only install one battery so they can save about $100 or so, but you can't run motorized equipment with only one. It will lead to this sort of issue every time.

It can be due to cable connections that have too much corrosion on them as well. In the shop the first thing we do whenever we have any DC electrical issue is to load test them and clean all the connections. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. If you remove them for testing just be sure that you mark all the cables carefully first and then take a photo of them so you are sure to get them back in again the same way. Easy to get this wrong if you don't.

Most shops that sell batteries can load test them for you. Just be sure that you make the cables carefully and take a photo of them first so you are sure to get them back in the same way again. Easy to get this wrong if you don't. Then get back to me again once you run that out and we can do some further testing here. Having a small digital multimeter like you can find at most local hardware stores helps. About $20 or so and easy to use. I am adding a photo link for what one looks like. I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction. Randall http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Ff4DNNY7/c40495a6-bec8-4129-895c-31c7367c3a09.jpeg

Ok...I'm on the road...no equipment here...hope I can at minimum bring the rear passenger slide in..its only out about 4 inchesDo I have to pay more for that ?

No. Only one fee here. No time limit on any follow ups.