RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Dometic Refrigerator 1350 is displaying error code “E0” -

Customer Question
My Dometic Refrigerator 1350...

My Dometic Refrigerator 1350 is displaying error code “E0” - it will display the temperature for about 60 seconds, and then revert to “E0”.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

The manual indicates that power is not getting to the comms module.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you confirm the year of your RV? Do you use it year-round or only seasonally?

I just bough my RV - it’s a 2020 Keystone Cougar 364BHL

Mechanic's Assistant: The Mechanic will know how to help. Anything else you want them to know before I connect you?

Reading some forums, I am currently trying to cycle the power and battery disconnect to resolve the issue.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
10/3/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Yes this code is a communication fault between the circuit board under the outside access and the display panel. Sometimes if you take the DC power away from the fridge it can reset this code. I would disconnect the 12 VDC and GND at the board and for several mins, when you do this the fridge display will go blank and the interior light will be out. While the power is out to the fridge check all your connections at the circuit board.

IF that does not work then I would have this looked at under warranty, if you have a 2020 any issues should be covered under warranty, normally you have one year from the date of purchase.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I am digging back into the panel to scope things out. It's hard to access

Yes I understand, the circuit board will have a cover on and under the cover are some fuses, I doubt it is a fuse issue as the fridge is turning on.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Got it open. Pulled the black, brown and red, the 5A fuse

So right now with the fuses removed the fridge should be off. check all the connections on the board, wait ten mins then put the fuses back in and see what happens. You should NOT touch the AC fuse with the fridge plugged in.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I have the 50A circuit off as well as the battery disconnected. So everything in RV is off. I will wait 10 minutes, then plug fuses and connections back in and let you know.

Sounds good.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, everything was cycled. Fridge came on and displayed 40 for about 60 seconds. Then went back to "E0"

Sounds like the circuit board or display is the issue on this. I would have this looked at under warranty, most good RV techs or shops will have boards to swap out to narrow down the issue on this. Being a 2020 you may want to play the warranty card.
Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It turns out, I didn't disconnect the Green/Yellow GND initially. Could that make a difference?

I would go ahead and disconnect the GND with the 12 VDC.

If you have a volt meter make sure you have over 12 volts DC at the supply and make sure you have 0 AC volts on the DC supply, sometimes a power converter can out out dirty voltage or AC ripple where AC voltage crosses to the DC side and the board does not like it.

Robert