RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Cannot get hot water in shower in my 2017 Jayco Precept 31U.

Cannot get hot water...

Cannot get hot water in shower in my 2017 Jayco Precept 31U. Kitchen and Bathroom sink produces hot water.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you confirm the year of your RV? Do you use it year-round or only seasonally?

Did you read my question above. I said that my unit is a 2017 Jayco Precept 31 U. purchased it 3 months ago and have traveled 5000 miles. It has shown minimal hot water after long wait times but, nothing now.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time you had it serviced? Is there anything else you'd like the Mechanic to know?

It was serviced 2 months ago

9/30/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IF you have hot water everywhere in the RV but the shower the most likely issue is the shower valve. In order to test that you would need to access the lines to the shower and see if you have hot water up to the valve. This can be a task because if you do not have access an access point will need to be made and then covered or the wall will have to come out to get at the valve. IF you have no access you might want to consider calling a local RV mobile tech to come assist you on this. I am not aware of any cut off valves just for the shower, as soon as the water leaves the water heater you should have hot water to everything.

Robert

Thanks Robert, I did get 2 mins of hot to the shower at the same time the faucet in the sink was hot but it certainly isn't operating properly.

Yes it sounds like the actual valve is the issue, the only way to know is to access the lines going into the valve and see if the water is hot, as I said this can be a challenge if you do not have an access point.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
RV Mechanic: enes, Volvo mechanic  replied 2 years ago
enes
enes, Volvo mechanic
Phone call session started