RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Hot water power light will not come on trying to find

Customer Question
Hot water power light...

Hot water power light will not come on trying to find location of fuse box or panel 2013 jayco melbourne 26A

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what kind of lights are we talking about?

Red light that tells you power is on after you switch your on & off switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you confirm the year and model of your RV? Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

2013 Jayco Melbourne 26A class C motorhome

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
9/29/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! And several of us live out west where we are dealing with fires all around us! Thanks! Randall

That can be due to a number of things. The main fuse in the power center may be blown. There might be a bad connection between the switch and the water heater. Or the control board in the water heater may be bad. If you can give me the make of your water heater I can furnish a link to the correct Service Manual for you. That would be helpful for tracking this down. Use a 12 VDC test light like you can find at most local automotive parts stores. About $10 or so and easy to use. I hope this points you in the right direction here. Randall