RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Furnace does not work on my 2005 coachman motorhome turn on…

Furnace does not work...

Furnace does not work on my 2005 coachman motorhome turn on thermostat hear a click but furnace does not run atwood furnace

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

From thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '05 RV?

Coachman leprechaun

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes checked fuses and lp for furnace

9/27/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! And several of us live out west where we are dealing with fires all around us! Thanks! Randall

This can be caused by several things. The two most common are the furnace relay on the control board in the A/C is bad and that is the "click" you hear. Or it can be the control board on the furnace itself. If you have an outside inspection panel over the furnace this isn't too hard to get to and check. If not, the furnace has to be pulled out from the inside and that is a bit more of a challenge. I am adding a link here to the Atwood/Dometic Service Manual for you. Print this out so you have it. The best way to test this is with a small digital multimeter like you can find at most local hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use. I am adding a photo link for you so you know what they look like. I hope this points you in the right direction here. Randall http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Ff4DNNY7/c40495a6-bec8-4129-895c-31c7367c3a09.jpeg

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

If you need more on this later then please let me know which thermostat you have here. Thanks!

I HAVE A DUEL THERM THERMOSTAT ALSO THE RELAY THAT IS CLICKING DOES THAT FEED THE RELAY ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD ON THE FURNACE. ALSO IS THERE A CIRCUIT BREAKER FOR BLOWER AND WHERE WOULD IT BE. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET TO BLOWER WITHOUT REMOVING FURNACE I WANT TO SEE IF CURRENT IS GETTING TO BLOWER SO I KNOW THE BLOWER IS GOOD OR BAD . THANKS JOE

Which thermostat do you have? If you are not sure then add a photo to your response here.

RANDALL CAN I GET A FLOW CHART TO TROUBLESHOOT FURNACE PROBLEMOR SERVICE MANUAL ON FURNACE

I gave you two links to that already. Click on them to open them up and then print them out.

If you have an outside access panel you won't have to remove the furnace. And start by checking the relay in the A/C. Jump the two blue furnace leads and see if it will come on or not.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started

When you get that board you can call me back if you need to. No extra charge!