RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold 2118 it cools on 120 but it not on propane.

Customer Question
I have a norcold...

I have a norcold 2118 it cools on 120 but it not on propane

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2019 grand design solitude

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Iv put a new gas Regulator and extra fans and on the fins

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

No it seems the the same

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2020
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your RV. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online. I try to be online for about 10+ hours a day, midday and late-night shift.

• Is the control panel giving you any flash codes?
  • If you go outside behind the fridge at the panels. Can you smell propane and hear the igniter clicking when another turns the fridge to come on with gas?
The The refrigerator runs fine on propane it Yes it would cool the fridge the freezer is working just fine the Fridge part just won't Stay cold

I am confused about what is wrong?

• I have a norcold 2118 it cools on 120 but it not on propane
  • The refrigerator runs fine on propane

Are you saying the fridge works fine on AC and propane but you want the lower portion to get cooler?

Since you were not able to reply to the info request I sent. I cannot be as accurate and thorough as I would like. I hope what I can provide does help.

One possible cause can be a faulty temp reading thermistor on the cooling fins in the refrigerator.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you like my answer please reply so I can mark your question complete. Moose