RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Furnace won’t light. It went through a soft lockout. 2018…

Furnace won’t light Mechanic's...

Furnace won’t light

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

It went through a soft lockout

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 Jayco Jayflight

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have just reset and tried to light again. Has gas and power.

9/21/2020
RV Mechanic: Brian, Certified RV Tech replied 2 years ago
Brian
Brian, Certified RV Tech

Hello, thank you for reaching out to JustAnswer.com. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to assist you with this. Please give me a moment to type up a response.

If you receive a message about a phone call, that is not me requesting it. The automated system from JustAnswer.com offers it as an extended service. If you would like to do a phone call, you are welcome to click it but please know it is an upcharge from JustAnswer.com.

Just to clarify, how many times did it try to light before it went into lockout?

I'm not sure. I think three

Sounds like the system is doing its job properly then. Ok, give me a moment please as I'm about to type a few things. Could you please send me the make & model of the furnace?

I have 2018 Jayco JayflightAtwood furnace

Thank you

Afmd35121 Atwood mobile products

A few things that run right off the top of my head. If it is clicking that should mean that the sail switch is doing its job which is allowing the spark to happen. So it is either the fuel valve (unlikely) or the igniter & flame sense. The igniter might not be sparking where it is supposed to be (ceramic could be cracked), the flame sense is dirty and not sensing the flame, or the power is not going from the flame sense to the board and closing it down so that it isn't sending LP into the house. Do you have a multimeter that you can check on voltage and have you already downloaded the book for your furnace?

I don't and I haven't. The first time I tried to light it I heard the click click click but I had no luck I did not hear it after that one time ever again and I do not hear it now when I try

Your system might be the one that does a 1 hour lock out. You "should" be able to bypass it if you shut all of the power down in the rig for a minute and then turn it back on. Does your thermostat give a display of error codes?

No. There is a led light that blinks once and then three seconds later blinks again

How many total blinks? Just 1?

I love those that give diagnostic flashes! Limit Switch/Airflow Problems is what we have. So either your limit switch is bad (its on the back) or the sail switch. I'd start with the limit switch.

that is a little over my head

I cannot say if it is or isn't. As a mobile tech, that would likely be about 1.5-2.5 hours max job depending on your furnace and how angry it wanted to be. Have you looked for a mobile tech in your area?

No but I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for your help

You're very welcome! Is there anything else I can assist you with this evening?

No. Thank you

You're welcome! Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Please feel free to utilize the system again should you have any question and someone will be with you as soon as possible. Have a good evening and happy travels! -Brian

Brian
Brian, Certified RV Tech