RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

What type of bulb can be used for the DSI FLT light on a…

Customer Question
What type of bulb...

What type of bulb can be used for the DSI FLT light on a panel? I am replacing my existing panel with a new one and I will have to install a light for the DSI FLT. Is it a LED 12 v?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Panel DSI FLT indicator light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Wildwood X lite 2019 and it is a suburban Gas water heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am installing new tank monitors and want to put in a new panel. It will take running a light for the DSI FLT because the old DSI FLT light is incorporated in the old panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

THat's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
9/21/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good afternoon! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! And several of us live out west where we are dealing with fires all around us! Thanks! Randall

That is part of the switch and not a separate part. Most any RV shop has these. Just tell them the make of your water heater and take a photo of that with you. Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is actually a separate light for the DSI FLT circuit. There is a light in the switch to tell you that the water heater is on, but there is a light that comes on if the gas is not there. What kind of a light can I use for that circuit?

If that is separate then it is and LED light.

They do sell those as a separate item.