RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold N7XRT - plugged into AC power, turned on, get light…

Norcold N7XRT -...

Norcold N7XRT - plugged into AC power, turned on, get green light for a few seconds then flashing red light, 10 times, then stops briefly, then starts again. Camp is 2018 Jayco

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The light next to the on button between the freezer and refrigerator. When fridge is running fine, it is solid green. It currently blinks ten times, stops for about 5 seconds and starts blinking again. Never steady.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '18 RV?

2018 Jayco Jay Flight 267BHS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried turning the power off, waiting a minute, then turning back on again. We are getting it ready to go away for a few weeks, and this happened. Would love to be able to take care of this ourselves.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

We used the RV in November without any issues, then tucked it away for winter.

9/8/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

A "10" code on this can be several things. Let me get you that Service Manual and you can do the testing and see what is causing this. A meter is about $20 or so and easy to use. I am adding a photo link of one for you. http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Ff4DNNY7/c40495a6-bec8-4129-895c-31c7367c3a09.jpeg

Pages 23 and 34 for that. One of these causes is terminal for the fridge! Hope that isn't the one. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold_polar_n_series.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have a meter. Should the power be on when we do this, or leave it off.No, I'm going to take a look now and check the blue wire.

Do it just like the tell you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have tried both suggestions without success. We will be heading to our RV dealer after our vacation. Thank you.

Still not resetting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Thank you for your help.

You are most welcome!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification