RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a leaking water heater. What kind of water heater do…

Customer Question
We have a leaking...

We have a leaking water heater. What kind of water heater do we need to use to replace the water heater in our 2015 Jayco X213 camper?

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

The water heater tank is leaking and yes it is water.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '15 RV?

2015 X213 travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We want to replace the water heater and want to know what water heater to use.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The model is a 2015 Jayco X213.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
9/7/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Under the outside access panel should be a sticker with the make and model of the water heater. Most are going to be an Atwood or Suburban, they come in 6 and 10 gallon sizes. Some water heaters have an electric option which allows you to heat the water when you are plugged into power.

The water heater will be direct ignition or a pilot model, direct ignition means you hit a switch inside for the propane side and the water heater starts, a pilot model you would have to light off outside. IF you can get me the make and model it would help out.

Robert