RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We disconnected the auxiliary battery and reconnected it but…

We disconnected the auxiliary...

We disconnected the auxiliary battery and reconnected it but now generator will not start. Is there a reset switch? 2018 jayco redhawk.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is charged and clean. That why it was disconnected to clean polls.. It was all working before we disconnected.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '18 RV?

Jayco Redhawk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

All we did is clean terminal and now generator not working. I think there is a reset for brain required.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it. Thank you

9/6/2020
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out with this. The first thing you want to do is check all of your fuses and relays. Using voltage tester to test for power on both sides of each one of your fuses replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Check all of your circuit breakers as well. If the generator real crank but won't start, verify that you have good fuel supply to the generator. Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins within the ignition circuit for any type of corrosion or damage as well as any disconnected wires, shorts, or open circuits. Some model generators may have some kind of a reset as you suspected but you will need to grab the complete model information from you generator ID tag to be able to pull up and access the operation manual for your model generator. Some of this is posted on the Jayco site while others can be found on the web in PDF format. Reply back with the results of all these facts as well as your complete generator model information if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Daniel Wilson
Thanks. Just opening the generator must have done something because then it started. Thank you. We are in a heat wave and need to get in RV for AC.
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thank you for the update and I'm glad to hear that you got this resolved.