RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Outside outlets, and a few of the interior outlets are not…

Customer Question
Outside outlets, and a...

Outside outlets, and a few of the interior outlets are not working. GFI in bathroom was checked and reset. Bathroom outlet works.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 Keystone Cougar 1/2 ton

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

2018 Keystone Cougar 1/2 ton

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

We've replaced all the fuses except 40 amp

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
9/6/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This is going to be a breaker and not a fuse as it is AC power. Go around the RV again and make sure you do not have another GFI that is hiding on you, they are normally in the bathroom and or kitchen areas but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside.

IF it is not a tripped GFI OR breaker I would isolate the AC power and start to check each non working outlet. IF you have a loose, melted wire at one outlet the others are also going to stop working if they are on the same circuit.

IF you happen to have an inverter you want to check that as well. An inverter allows you to have AC power when you are not plugged into power, not all RV's have them and some it is an option. IF you have one you want to locate it and check the breakers on it because they like to run the outlet circuit through them.

Hope this helps.
Robert

Checked in the kitchen, outside kitchen, throughout the coach and can't locate another GFI. we'll start checking individual outlets.

Understand. I would check all the non working outlets, start with the one closest to the breaker panel that is not working and work away from the panel. Make sure to isolate the AC power when inspecting.

Robert

Will do, thanks

No problem at all.

Robert