RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2007 Revolution has bee idle since March 1. Store unit at…

Customer Question
2007 Revolution has bee...

2007 Revolution has bee idle since March 1. Store unit at home connected to 30 amp shore power to run 1 AC. Went into coach yesterday and found them of 109. Then noted no electrical power. Inspection revealed dedicated circuit’s breaker was trip and and 30/50 pigtail burned up. Repaired receptacle and restored 30 amp shore power. 1. Switched Dometic refrigerator to gas mode. No cooling occurred over night. Switched to electrical mode today and recently found freezer section had cooled but refrigerator main section had not cooled at all. 2. Attempted to turn on in-motion satellite dish on. Despite flipped in house switch to on position, but did not hear typical noise of the unit turning to locate signal. Inspected switch and found no power on any leg. Checked fuse under bed labeled satellite. Seemed ok. 3. Interior ceiling fluorescent lights do not appear to be very bright.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Nothing obvious.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your March yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the one fuse labeled for satellite. Contacted you.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
9/6/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good evening! I apologize for the long delay in someone not giving you a response or answer to your question here and I am responding so that you know that it wasn't due to us not seeing your question. Every question is important to us and yet, we are limited many times by questions that have too many possible causes and due to the fact that many issues can only be resolved by a hands on approach and some testing with the right tools and electrical testing equipment where needed. I can tell you that most all of these issue are low voltage due to batteries or cables that need attention and only testing can tell you this. Using any adapter on the shore cord is never a good idea long term. A small digital multimeter is going to be needed to track this down and it may take some doing and take some time and patience. Knowledge of electrical AC and DC circuits is really helpful here.

In your I might call in a good local mobile tech to assist you with this. Just be sure you check his YELP rating to be sure he (or she) has a good reputation first. Or just have your local dealer do this repair for you.

So thank you for your patience. Most of the time we an respond in less than 30 minutes. We are short handed right now due to some of our technicians being gone on vacation and so some questions that might be answered are not getting that attention that they get otherwise.

We are not employees of any dealer or shop or associated with any OEM, so that makes this harder sometimes. I am recommending on this issue that you seek out local assistance from a good local mobile tech or good shop that has the right technicians and equipment. I am sorry that we were not able to adequately address this issue. Randall