RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2015 holiday rambler 3 slide | set in out limit with rocker switch | rv

I have 2015 holiday...

I have 2015 holiday rambler 3 slides 1 has control with red and green lights other 2 have Rocker switches how do I set in and out limits on slides with Rocker switches

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Room or lock movement and red falt code

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Rambler?

2015 38db ambassador

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes bed room slide stops about 1 inch from all the way in

Ok
9/5/2020
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out with this. Any time that you have a slide that is working but not traveling all the way, there is a high chance that something is interfering with the slides movement. Re-extend the slide out about a foot or two to then see if there is any carpet or any foreign debris that might be getting jammed causing the slide not to move. The other thing you want to confirm is that the coach is level. If the coach is not level when extending or retracting the slides, the body of the coach can flex or twist causing an alignment issue on the slides which could also cause binding.Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed and this did not bring you to a conclusion of the cause of your problem. Be sure to look all the way around your slide for anything that might be contacting causing the slide to bind. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

I don't see any thing in the way stopping it from coming in
Bought coach last year with 6k miles from non holiday rambler dealer bed room slide was closed tight at bottom and open a good inch at top dealer won't mention name not at all happy with them there fix was made it come in parallel with out side of rv and removed seal and put one on that's 3 times as big so now it just sticks out a good inch looks awful
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thank you for the update. It sounds very possible that this could be related to the work that they did causing an alignment issue on the slide and potentially causing the slide to become jammed if any part of that weatherstripping is getting hung up. I would definitely take it to a different RV Center for a second opinion if they are not willing to fix this for free under warranty.

I been a diesel mechanic and a machinist for 45 years
Think I can adjust it myself
Just wanted some information on how the stop points are set if you can help me out
It appears to be a single motor under the foot of the bed with a shaft running from rail to rail can ther be limit switch
RV Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Click on this link below.
Daniel Wilson