RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Light in refrigerator is blinking 5 times and the unit will…

Customer Question
Green light in refrigerator...

Green light in refrigerator is blinking 5 times and the unit will not turn on or get cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

There is a green light and red light on Norcold rv fridge...The green light blinks five times and then stays green and blinks again 5 times in a cycle. The red light is propane and stays on ....

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2007 those dutchmen 31p Thor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not electrically inclined....just leveled and turn the switch on and off...took the panel off looking for a wire disconnected but could not see anything. I am camping in San Diego right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I going to get a text or some type of communication
9/4/2020
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your RV. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online. I try to be online for about 10+ hours a day, midday and late-night shift.

• What model number is ***** fridge?
  • Does this issue occur in propane and AC mode?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NorcoldN611FLT....propane and auto settings, the green light blinksThe blink is a sequence of 5 times...and then steady on for 3 seconds and blink sequence...

Thanks,

This code means the control panel believes the propane is on all the time causing the ammonia to condensate and made the evaporator coil cold when the control module has commanded it off.

Can you see if the flame is burning even though not commanded on.

Here are the diag steps shown on pages 12 and 14. https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/636355B_SM_N611vN811.pdf

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you like my answer please reply so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didnt really explain how to troubleshoot

Is the flame on when it should not be?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no flame on.Nothing is happening in the backside of the fridge.

Are you sure the fault code is a 5 flash?

Try these steps https://thenorcoldguy.com/blog/norcold-refrigerator-in-lockout-mode-do-you-need-to-reset-your-power-board-/

After this a reset with power removed from the fridge circuit is the next approach.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is a dead link...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jumped it with a wire and still no luck....

I believe it is time to get a refrigerator repairman or RV shop to test the control board. Board replacement looks like the repair which will be needed.

Just checking in with you. Please let me know if you liked my answer, or need more help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No a tech came out and fixed the problem

Glad you got it addressed