RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Kitchen sink not draining. Bought this brand new 3 weekks…

Customer Question
Kitchen sink not draining...

Kitchen sink not draining. Bought this brand new 3 weekks ago 2020 Keystone Fuzion 424 Flushed the black tank, open and closed the grey, plunged away like a madman

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '20 RV?

Keystone Fuzion 424

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Plunger, open and closing grey water valve

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

1600 miles on Toy Hauler

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
9/3/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good evening! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and typically those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

ok
The shower grey water seems to be draining just fine. The black tank is good too. Just tank flushed it and the water is clear. We just bought this RV new a few weeks ago. I was reading sometimes a plastic cut out can fall in the tank and plug it up? Whats your take on that? We have not had this long enough to plug it up with food, my wife and I are careful about that.

I suspect that this has a second gray tank and you need to look for that valve and it won't be where the other two are most of the time. Look behind one of the wheels on the same side as they can be kind of hidden there. If you aren't sure you can Google the sales brochure for this year and model and it will tell you for sure. Randall

Ok, I'll take a look now. Brb.
☆LB☆You're the man! Who would have expected a valve there? My old RV had all 3 next to each other. Thank you sir, I can now go to sleep.

My wife thinks so too! Have a good night's rest and be safe.