RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 Thor ACE 29.3 with a Norcold model N611FLT, SN…

I have a 2016 Thor...
I have a 2016 Thor ACE 29.3 with a Norcold model N611FLT, SN 22159963 fridge that stopped working after it was parked and left on a slope. When I turn the power button on for electricity, the light starts out steady green, then blinks green five times, then back to a steady green, then blinks green five times, and continues with same sequence. Same when I switch to propane -- orange light steady but the green starts steady then blinks green five times, and repeats. The Norcold owner's manual under the troubleshooting page only has info if the green light blinks once, twice, or three times. Nothing for four or five blinks. I ordered a new power circuit board as that was what the manual had as the problem for three blinks. Appreciate any advice.
9/1/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

This may not be good news for you, the blinking 5 code means no cooling is being detected by the controls, many cases this points towards the cooling unit, not only that when a RV is parked on a slope the ammonia solution inside the cooling unit can become blocked, this means the ammonia solution inside the cooling unit stops circulating and when that happens you loose cooling in the box. What you may want to do is tap the coils on the back of the fridge with a rubber mallet or pull the fridge from the RV and flip it end over end and then let it stand upright level for about 12 hours and see if the box will start to cool again. You never want to park a RV un-level as it can cause the cooling unit to become blocked.

There is a procedure to reset the board as well, it would depend on the style board you have. One board has a single 16 pin connector and the other style has a 10 and 6 pin connector. IF you need the reset procedure let me know and I can send it to you. The procedure only works for the flashing 5 code.

Robert

Thanks. I will try the tapping first before I try removing the unit. If neither of those work, can the ammonia solution be replaced or will I need a new unit? My power circuit board has the 6 pin connector in the upper left corner and the 10 pin in the lower right. Please send me the reset procedure for that board.

Give me a few mins to grab that procedure.

Robert

No these do not get recharged, they are sealed units so a new cooling unit would be required or a new fridge, a cooling unit cost over 1/2 of what a new fridge will.

Below is the reset procedure, it is done on the 6 pin connector, see procedure 2 as the first procedure does not apply to your model, make sure you read it over and follow the directions step by step.

Robert

Link

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
OK, got it. Thanks for the help. I will try what you provided and hope for the best.

Sounds good.

Have a great evening.

Robert