RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Furnace fuse blowing in converter. But our refrigerator isnt…

Customer Question
Furnace fuse blowing in...

Furnace fuse blowing in converter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

But our refrigerator isnt working on gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

06 forest river wildcat 5th wheel quad bunk

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

If you try to put new fuse in holder it wants to melt spades on furnace fuse

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
8/30/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good afternoon! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and typically those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

That is showing there is a direct short in the furnace OR the motor is bound up. Maybe mice have been at work? Do you have an external access panel over the furnace or not? If so, this is easier to check. If not, the furnace has to be pulled out to get to that area. If you give me and make of your furnace I can get you a link to the right Service Manual for this. I hope this proves helpful and points you in the right direction here. Randall

I unhooked wire at fuse and went outside rv and found green/white striped wire at 4 terminal block for refrigerator. Unhooked green white wire there. Used continuity meter and tested just wire from one end to the other. It has continuity. Resistance in ohms on the wire is zero. Refrigerator doesnt work

I thought this was a furnace isssue???

I thought it was too. But that is was the legend on door of the converter said but obviously it was mislabled

What is the make and model of this fridge?