RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a norcold refrigerator in our rv 18 cubic feet. 1…

We have a norcold...

We have a norcold refrigerator in our rv 18 cubic feet. 1 yrs old. Wrtor Error may LP 01 when batteries were low. Running on propone

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge?

Error was

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Do not know model, 4 door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Started yesterday

Hi
8/30/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and typically those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

No problem

May I have the exact model number for this fridge please? And I can tell you that the low DC voltage probably was the cause of this and the hi limit recall kit will need to be reset. You will need a large magnet like is on the end of a telescoping tool that you use to pick up bolts that have been dropped in places that you can't reach them. Most automotive parts stores sell them. I will add a link to how you reset this. Randall

2020 RV from Grand Design. We are not sure the model
We are driving now with RV

I can't get to the ARP website right now, so I will add another link for that description. Once I know which model you have I can add the right service manual for you as well. https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/62104-How-to-reset-Norcold-1200-series-refrigerator-high-temperature-limit-switch

Can we fix this ourselves?

Probably an N2118 and I will add that manual. And yes, you can if you have a magnet.

Do we have to move refrigerator to get to this place?

No. The access is on the rear of the fridge outside. https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/637026B_SM_2118.pdf

The module has a red light on it and you hold the magnet directly on the module right above the light for up to 30 seconds.

Do you know what page in manual for this fix?Will the light go out when fixed?

It is not in the manual. It is in the first link I gave you. And yes it will go out.

I see the manual with instructions. Thanks for your help. We will try this once we get to camp site.Have a nice day

You are most welcome! And you too.

Freezer working now, but refrigerator is not cooling as well as it shouldNo just want to type

It can take up to 6 hours to fully stabilize the temperature.

It's been 16 hours

It has to be level and if this is in a slide out the installation may not be done correctly as over half of the ones I see aren't.

Test the thermistor with a meter and see if that is in specs or not.

We do not have a meter

If you can't get one then you either have to wait until you do or call in a good local mobile tech for some assistance on this. Just be sure you check their YELP rating to be sure they have a good reputation.

Thanks for all your help

You are most welcome!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification