RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Running our RV on the generator. Blow drying my hair and it…

Customer Question
Running our RV on the...
Running our RV on the generator. Blow drying my hair and it went out. Outlet in the bathroom will not reset, TV went off at the same time, and the refrigerator. Checked fuses and they seem to be fine. Is there somewhere else I need to look?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
8/28/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks

Yes I would check the breaker on the generator, all generators will have a breaker, if you have an Onan generator some the side panel comes off and you will see a start/stop switch and to the right of that is the breaker, it is on the side of a cover. The generator would still run with the breaker tripped.

I would check the breakers as well inside the RV, shut them all off and then back on, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it.

IF you have an inverter that will also have a breaker on it, an inverter allows you to have AC power when you are not plugged in, I do not see any of your RV information for the year, make and model so hard for me to say if you might have one.

Robert

2004 Fleetwood revolution 40 CTV the air conditioner are working and everything else as far as lights, but the TVs are not, the outlet in the bathroom where I had the blow dryer plugged in is not, and the refrigerator which is on the opposite side of the wall of that outlet in the bathroom. Have checked breakers outside in the front by the tire, also in the bedroom in the fuse box. All fuses look good. Saw or not getting voltage. The ones that are not working are the ones not getting voltage. Not sure what else to check

You would have an inverter located near the batteries in one of the outside compartments, check the inverter for a tripped breaker, most inverters have one or two breakers on them they can be small round buttons or switches.

Robert

OK checking now.

Sounds good.

Robert

Can you call my number and speak to my husband directly?(###) ###-####I am just relaying messages. He has a diesel mechanic and understands most of what you were telling him so that would be easierI think he just got it. Will let you know if not. Thank you.

Sounds good.

Robert