RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Nocolo model 611. Light flashes 5 times. On the front of the…

Nocolo model 611. Light...

Nocolo model 611. Light flashes 5 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

On the front of the fridge green

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Norcord model n611LT jayco 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Trying myself

8/27/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

This flashing 5 code means the fridge is locked out. I am going to give you instructions on how to reset it but if the light starts flashing again or will no reset it will need to be looked at, if you smell ammonia or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge do not try and reset it as that would indicate a cooling unit failure.

Under the outside access panel is a circuit board, one style has a single 16 pin connector, and the other pin has a 10 and 6 pin connector. You will have to look at the board you have.

Below are two links, one link is for the 16 pin reset and the other link is for the 10 and 6 pin board, the reset is done at the 6 pin.

Robert

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/reset.pdf

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf

YES you have the 10 pin and 6 pin board, see link below, the reset is done on the six pin connector.

Follow the directions exactly how they are written.

Robert

Where is the solenoid gas valve wires which colors

I think you are looking at the wrong procedure as you should not have to do anything with those wires.

See link below.

That says can be done on all models except n611

If you read it again that pertains to procedure # 1. Norcold only has two style boards, one has a 16 pin connector and yours has a 10 and 6 pin connector. Follow directions for procedure #2

Robert

Ok

I would not steer you wrong, I have been a RV tech over 25 years and been helping on this site for 14 years, this question is very common with the 5 flashes.

IF you need more help please let me know.

Robert

I inserted the wire in there and held to ground.
Plugged Bach into and no differenceI did it again and herd it click on.
Went to front of fridge and the light is not blinkingPower button is on

Good, that is what you where looking for the click noise.

I would run the fridge for about 6 hours as a test, make sure the box cools and you do not get that fault again.

Good Job on getting it to reset.

Robert

I was using a volt meter trying to trip it?
Then switched to a wire.

The instructions did say to use a wire, the probe may not have been making a good connection in the connector.

Robert

Thanks for your help

No problem at all.

Have a great evening, Robert

You to
Will give you a good review

Thanks!

Robert

Robert was very knowledgeable and fast to answer my question.
Thank you Robert

Thanks!

Have a safe Holiday weekend..

Robert

You too
Sorry I don't get on email a lot

Thanks!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic