RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Norcold n611 has a light that flashes 6 times. It doesn't…

My Norcold n611 has...

My Norcold n611 has a green light that flashes 6 times. It doesn't work on gas or electric. I replaced the thermistor and the bulb. It worked on gas for a few days but it is doing the same 6 flashes again. The temp switch is good. 120vac and 13vdc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The green on light and it flashes 6 times then off for a few seconds and then 6 times again.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Dutchmen 2008 r29 class C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the thermistor, the bulb (it was blown) and I checked all the power and the temp switch. Every thing looks good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The patio light works intermittently. Don't know if they are connected.

8/18/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This could be the circuit board or a tripped high limit. Some models have a round disc on the flue canister with a reset on them, others do not. The flashing 6 code is a high limit fault. On the circuit board you will see two spades marked limit IN and Limit out, if you have wires connected to the spades then you have the high limit on the flue canister, if you do not have the wires and the spades are bridged together then the board would have to be replaced. Below is a link of where the thermo fuse would be and what it looks like, you may have to remove a shield in front of the flue to access. Double check and make sure it is not a 5 code as that code can be reset but not the 6 code.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a 6 code, when I check the high limit switch it has resistance.

You can bypass the high limit as well just pull the wires off of it and connect them together and see what happens, follow that wire and make sure you have continuity through it, if that wire has continuity back to the board then it sounds like the board, outside chance the display is the issue but they normally do not fail. I would also make sure you have NO AC voltage on the DC supply going into the board and try and disconnect the DC supply and see if that helps out at all.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I'll try that. Thanks.

No problem at all.
Robert