RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to replace the freezer door that is not shutting all…

I need to replace...

I need to replace the freezer door that is not shutting all the way in my NORCOLD RV Frig - model # N300.3. S

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?

Freezer door hangs down, doesn't shut all the way, and think I need to replace the door or the hinges

Mechanic's Assistant: How can I help with your appliance question?

Freezer door does not shut all the way

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?

Norcold, model n300.3

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold freezer? What have you tried so far?

Just happened on our last trip out, about a month ago. Have not tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it

8/16/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and typically those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

That usually just means that the spring tensioners are broken and those are available from most dealers or a number of online sources. If the actual door is broken then let me know. I hope this proves helpful here. Randall https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-n300-n302-parts/

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification