RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have 2004 Nuwa hitch hiker ll discover america series and…

I have 2004 Nuwa...

I have 2004 Nuwa hitch hiker ll discover america series and suddenly some of my outlets and lamps stopped working. None of the breakers are flipped. Replaced all fuses still the same, batteries have full charge, gfi in bathroom is fine. Outlets in kitchen area and dining tipout only have a bit of power going to them not enough to have any appliances work as well as dining light and wall lamps not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Only found the one in the undercarriage of trailer by the power converter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '04 RV?

Hitchhiker discover america 33 1/2 FK with 3 slide outs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to repair myself. Replaced all fuses on wall by power converter, flipped all circuit breakers in small cabinet by the back where chairs are, tested batteries and even replacer power converter with new one and all remained the same

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think I gave all info

8/9/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you

Are you plugged in direct with the shore line for the RV or are you using any adapters or extension cords plugging into a standard 110 house outlet?

Thanks, Robert

Shoreline to power post in trailer park. Been here 8 years

OK

Just wanted to be sure, please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Right side of trailer all outlets and lights working other than 3 outlets in kitchen area, left side outlets in slideout, dining chandelir, wall lamps not working, back of trailer by chairs left side wall lamp and wall outlet not working.

This sounds like a problem with the wiring from the breaker and fuse panel to the items that are not working.

IF the lights are DC powered they may have run the DC harness with the AC romex and at some point you have a bad connection as you say some of the outlets have voltage but not enough to power them. Anytime you have wiring going into a slide it can be problematic because the wiring has to move with the room, I suspect that possibly the wiring got pulled apart at this point. I would try to access the wiring where it comes into the slide, that is normally on the floor near the side of the slide, they like to stick the wiring in some type of chase to protect the wiring as the slide moves.

I would also make sure you are not missing another GFI, make sure you look outside and everywhere in the RV. I might also isolate the AC power and pull each non working outlet and look for any loose connections or melted wires, if you have an issue at one outlet the others are going to stop working if they are on the same circuit.

IF I had any wiring diagrams I would give them to you, they are hard to get, you may want to try the IRV2 forum and see if any other Nuwa owners have a diagram they can send you it would make things easier.

Robert

Ok thank you

No problem at all.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic