RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where’s The Hot Water Tank & How’s It Filled? 2017 Jayco…

Where’s The Hot Water...

Where’s The Hot Water Tank & How’s It Filled?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 Jayco Class C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Filled Water Tanks/ Hot Water Heater Works But No Hot Water Out Of Kitchen Or Bath Rm Sinks?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant Leavel? Leaking Hoses? Don’t Think So?

8/7/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Can't Talk @ This Time
I'm @ Work
Can I Call Back @(###) ###-####@ A Later Time?

You should have an outside access panel on the side of the RV, most panels have an eye lit you turn to line up a slot and then the panel will swing down. After you locate that panel go inside opposite of the outside panel and look for the back of the water heater so you can see the lines. Many set ups will have a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold valves should be open or valve handle running with the pipe, the bypass should be closed or valve handle against the pipe. You may have to pull a flase panel or some drawers to get at the lines.

IF that is not the issue then the check valve on the water heater may have failed, the check valve can be plastic or brass and screws directly into the tank, when the spring and disc fall out it can block the flow of hot water, below is a link for a picture, it will have tiny arrows on it for direction of flow, it is normally on the hot line at the top but I have seen some RV manufacturers stick it on both the cold and hot.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Sorry I do not off phone calls, the company Just Answer does for an added fee. IF you need help later let me know. I will be gone this AM but be back around 1 pm PST.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks ������

No problem at all.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Good Morning �� Thanks Again For Hot Water Tank! Info
Finally Found Inside RV Behind A Vent Under Stove?? ������

Thanks for the update on this.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks �� U2