RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I’m getting a code eo on my fridge. I Turn it on and the…

Customer Question
I’m getting a code...

I’m getting a code eo on my fridge

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I Turn it on and the display say: EO then turns back off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

I just switch out one of the propane tanks 2021 genesis supreme 28IKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Genesis yourself? What have you tried so far?

I turned on the stove to clear the line then I unplugged the fridge power from the access panel

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

ThxOkay

The EO code on a Dometic fridge means the circuit board under the outside access panel is not communicating with the display panel you use to turn the fridge on. Sometimes low DC voltage can cause this issue. What you can try to do is take away the DC power to the fridge, the DC power is used to run the circuit board. Sometimes if you disconnect the DC power it can reset this code, if the code does not go away and it is a 2021 I would have it looked at under warranty as it could be a bad circuit board or display panel.

When you disconnect the DC power the display will go blank and the interior light, normally on the Dometics you will find a plastic terminal block where the DC wires are coming into and they get screwed down into the block. OR you can pull the fuse in your main fuse panel or disconnect the batteries to the RV, I would disconnect it for about 15 mins and then re-connect and see if the fault goes away.
Robert