RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have dometic refrigerator with automatic temperature

Customer Question
I have dometic refrigerator...

I have dometic refrigerator with automatic temperature control! It stopped working, I'm plugged in at home to current. I've never used the gas! I've checked the fuses, they are fine. The check light comes on! Any suggestions what I should do now!

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Only the panel outside!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Forest river 06

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Forest River?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the 2 fuses on the outside, just checked the 15amp fuse on the inside!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all I've done!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
8/5/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the model number of the Dometic?

Thanks. Robert

Rm2551

Please allow me several mins to type a response, I need to wrap up with another RV owner and I will respond back.

Thanks. Robert

Ok

The way the fridge works is when you are plugged into shore power and in auto the fridge should always want to work on AC power, if the circuit board sense a loss of the AC power it will default to propane, only then will the check light come on if it fails to light off.

For starters check your DC battery voltage, the fridge needs good DC voltage to run the board.

IF you have good DC voltage check the outlet the fridge is plugged into and make sure it has voltage, the fridge will still turn on with DC power so that means if the outlet did not have power it would try to default to propane. IF needed get an extension cord and plug the fridge into an outside power source.

The fuses on the circuit board under the outside access should also be checked out. Make sure you unplug the fridge before touching the AC fuse.

I would also ohm out the AC heating element, if the element checks out good then the most likely problem is the circuit board.

Below is a link for a service manual see page 10 for testing.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.
Robert

Link

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-Diagnostic-Service-Manual-RM2551.pdf